Help: (FAQ) Frequently asked Questions
Need to talk to a human? 503-294-0840
How do I post an ad?
- From any page within The Mercury Classifieds, select the "Post an Ad" button.
- Select the Section where you’d like to post your ad.
- Choose the Sub-Section for your ad.
Do I have to pay for my ads?
Within each section, you will see some sections labeled “FREE”. Any sections not marked “FREE” will require payment before you post.
I need help composing my ad!
After choosing your sub-section, the “Compose Your Ad” page will appear.
- The “Compose Your Ad” window has two places where you may place your ad: Print and Web. You may use the same text for each, or add more text for your Web ad.
- Fill out the Print section as instructed above the entry window. Make sure you have adhered to specific instructions. Instructions vary by each subsection.
- Web ad window: Using the link provided for you, you can use the same text that you used for your Print ad.
- Basic Information: Fill out all required information fields, including the “Price” for your item or service, if applicable.
- Terms and Conditions: This box must be checked to continue posting your ad.
- Hit the “Continue” link. Any errors will be alerted to you if something is missing.
- Add Images. After submitting the text and personal information for your ad, the “Adding Images” page will appear. (See “How do I upload an image?” section for help.) You can add up to four images to your ad. If you want images click “choose file” and choose the file you want. If not, click “Continue”.
- Review your Ad: If you are in a paid subsection, you will be asked for payment information as well.
- Check your email that you used as your contact for your self-publishing email from us, which will give you further instructions on publishing your ad.
How do I publish my ad?
- You should receive an email with a “Self-publishing kit”. Retain this email as an easy way to edit and delete your ad.
- Click the link within the email. If your ad reads the way you would like, select "Publish" and your ad will go live.
- If you lose or delete the email, you can have it resent via this link.
How do I edit or delete my ad?
- Once you have composed and approved your ad online, you will be sent a “Self-publishing” email.
- In this email there is an edit/delete link. Click this link and you will be given the opportunity to edit or delete your ad.
- After editing your text, you will also be returned to the “Add Images” page. You may review or change your images, then hit “Continue”
- If you lose or delete this email, you can have it resent via this link.
How do I upload an image?
You can upload up to four images to accompany your ad. Here’s how you do it:
- On the “Ad Image” page click “Choose Image”. When you click this it will automatically take you to a menu that allows you to pull a file from your computer. Browse and select the image you want by clicking “Choose File.” Images must be in either .jpg or .gif format. We recommend that images are 640 pixels wide by 480 pixels tall.
How do I renew my ad?
- Three (3) days prior to your ad expiring, you will be sent a renewal email. To renew your ad, select the renewal link.
- You will then be able to edit, delete, or renew your ad by selecting the appropriate button.
(If you’ve lost that e-mail, send us an e-mail here, and we’ll help you out.)
Contact Us with Questions:
Do you have any questions or comments you’d like to e-mail a classified person at the Merc? Click here.
Would you rather give us a call and talk to a human (or at least a Merc employee)? Call 503-294-0840.